Armfield’s FT94X Mini Pilot System is designed for operation as both a stand-alone unit and also for seamless integration into a full processing system with the capability of aseptic packaging of processed product. With a standard throughput of 30 to 100 l/hr (depending on conditions), the unit can also be configured for capacity of up to 200 l/hr on special request.
The FT94X features a compact design and easy installation, with easy integration into an existing process line and direct links to sterile filling bench of sealed bag filling systems. The unit goes from cold start to steady state operation in a matter of minutes, and heat exchangers can be switched over in seconds. The system uses both plate and tubular exchangers, and so is suitable for a wide range of products. FT94X can operate with process batches as small as 15 litres, but is also suitable for producing large batches of material for extensive product testing.
Other features include:
- Touch screen control
- Continuous and batch operation
- Process temperatures up to 150°C
- Capable of aseptic operation
- Preheating by hot water (indirect)
- Heating by steam (indirect)
- Automatic product divert with temperature on tubular heat exchanger
- Built-in clean in place (CIP) and sterilisation in place (SIP) facilities
- Integral USB data logging
- Two-stage cooling option
- Electronic flow meter option